MESSAGE TO ADMIN........
I have used "';--have i been pwned?" and it seems you have had a security breach and peoples emails & passwords have been stolen from your (daniweb) servers. I have tried changing my password but just get an oops error.
I assume you are having issues so would you kindly remove my account including ALL detals from your servers & website.
Maybe i will create an entire new account.
Thank You

dw.JPG

Hi,

Firstly, I apologize for the confusing message about your account being banned (per your email). This post got caught up in our spam filter. Our automated spam bot falsely detected spam within this post. I've reversed that.

Soooo ... about the rest of your questions :)

DaniWeb suffered a massive data breach back in 2015 in which email addresses were stolen, but passwords were NOT compromised. You can read more about it on our FAQ Page. This is what Have I Been Pwned? is referring to. It was an unfortunate incident that happened in 2015.

You received the Oops! security message most likely because an anti-CSRF token wasn't detected when you filled out the form. This most often cause of this is because you started to fill out the form, then hit back in your web browser. It can also sometimes happen if you have multiple DaniWeb tabs open in your web browser at once, and you load a page containing form in one tab, and then subsequently submit a form in a second tab before submitting the last form loaded. Either way, it's a security measure meant to protect you.

The FAQ page I linked to above should also explain how to delete your account, if you'd still like to go ahead and do that. You can also change your password, of course. Keep in mind, your password was never breached through DaniWeb. Feel free to reply here, or to email me back, or send me a private message, if you're still having difficulties.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.