Wow, my first computer related forum ever!
In the computer lab the guys have given me the nickname MsUpstream, as I work on implementing a streaming algorithm in C++ as part of the work for my master thesis. In other words, I am a Computer Science master student in the field of network and data communication.

Other than that I really like the outdoors - whether it be hiking, biking, camping in the wilderness, etc. I also enjoy dancing. And not to forget - my dear friends whom I love to hang out with, whether it is having them over for dinner, a party, weekend trips to a cabin or a nice bike ride.

I live in Oslo, Norway - but have also lived in the US (Bay Area, CA) for about 10% of my life.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Welcome to the forum :)

Nice to have you here!

Hammerhead & Zandiago - Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome! I too enjoy hiking. Unfortunately I do not have many opportunities to do so. My favorite of all my hikes was definitely Mt. Washington. What was yours?

Wow, I really don't know Jasimp!

There is a certain charm to hiking in the woods that I grew up close to here in Norway. I still go there for hiking and biking on a fairly regular basis.

Then there are the awesome ski trips up in the mountains. I guess they aren't really hikes, but sort of the same thing when doing cross country skiing.

Of trips to remember, perhaps hiking Hua Shan mountain in China. It is one of 5 holy mountains there, and has absolutely gorgeous views. It is located not to far from Xi'an city.

Hi...Welcome to Daniweb Friend :)

Of trips to remember, perhaps hiking Hua Shan mountain in China. It is one of 5 holy mountains there, and has absolutely gorgeous views. It is located not to far from Xi'an city.

It looks like it would be a great hike and the views look like they would be spectacular.

Hi there,
Thanks for the detailed intro.
Welcome, by the way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.