Hi all
I'm Leo, and I live in Australia, west of the Blue Mountains in New South Wales.
I've been playing with computers for around 25 years (48 years of age), and it seemed a natural progression from my electronics studies.
I'm currently studying IT at TAFE (college), and never realized I actually had to learn how to use office and all the associated crap, I actually thought a certificate 3 was hardware and networking, which it is as well, but so far, I basically know all the hardware related stuff I have been studying. Not to say I can't occasionally be stumped with a hardware problem (I am at the moment), but it's not for employment, so it doesn't matter. I spend quite a bit of my time trying to help other people from my class learn hardware related tasks, and never charge. I enjoy helping people.
I'm a disability pensioner, and continually study to try and keep my brain active.

I'm not a software person, and stopped learning after Win98, got sick of all the continual changes, but I have a 14 year old son living with me, who sets up his own networks, and plays with Winserver, VBulletin, etc, so I let him handle the software dramas at home, and I look after the hardware.
I hope to be able to make a contribution to the forum with the knowledge I have, and also hope to learn from many of the smarter members.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

well id like to say welcome and enjoy. im sure you will learn as much here as you will in school.

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to see your contributions to the forum. :)

Welcome Leo

have a great stay :)

regards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.