richman0829 0 Junior Poster in Training

I come to this space after a long journey. Back in 1978, when I was driving down Hawthorne Blvd in Redondo Beach (California), I saw a sign that said "Byte Shop", and made a fast u-turn, thinking, "You mean I can buy my own computer?!!". Fifteen minutes and $1200 bucks later, I walked out with an Apple, with 4K of RAM and connections to a TV and a cassette recorder.

Now I'm a retired elementary school teacher with an iPod Touch and a yen to create educational software on it.

I figure C++ is a good place to start, and I'm taking a course in it this semester, going on next semester to OOP in the same language. After that I hope to move sideways into Apple's Objective C and Cocoa.

Aside from that, I like to take road trips in a Vixen RV, read science fiction (Vernor Vinge) and suspense novels (Stieg Larssen) and some nonfiction (Imagining India), and discuss them in book reading groups.

I also have some nine-year-old grandkids, and like to watch classic movies (Gene Kelly in the Three Musketeers) with them, and things like the Young Indiana Jones chronicles.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.