sirdanman10 0 Newbie Poster

Hi, I am Dan, I have grown up programming since I was very young, starting with old 8-bit computers in the 80's and working my way up through the years. Although I am not a programmer by trade, I do tend to find ways to fit programming into my tasks at work as an operations analyst in a fluid milk plant. I have automated several dozens of spreadsheets for both myself and others, including tasks such as automatically feeding data into an AS/400 mainframe (through the front-end... I don't have IT access to the back), e-mailing out automatically generated reports, making charts where the individual bars can change color based on its value, etc.

My specialty is Visual Basic for Applications, but I also know some Pascal, C++, SQL and HTML, as well as 6510 assembly language (which is useless now).

I discovered this forum while searching for help with learning advanced C++ concepts. I also have posts on Sourceforge.net about Dev CPP, and now I am using MSVC Express 2008 so I am posting here.

The project I am working on now in my free time will be fairly involved so I may be in and out from time to time, mostly on the C++ forum.

-Dan