Hello,

My name is Nolan Reilly and I work for Gartner as an analyst and database manager/excel programmer. Learned VBA from books and studying other's scripts when my supervisor at the time asked me to be the programmer for the group. Working for Gartner in the IT industry was the best thing since the spoon.

In my other life I am a musician and have a company called "Ole Skoole Productions." I told my wife about ten years ago that most likely the way I would get my music out was going to be on the web. She said, of course, no way. No way that the people will get their music from the web, how is that going to happen. I said technology, I love it, I live it, and technology will enable me to by pass the discremanent eye of the record producer. Now, ten years later I have my first song on iTunes, "Together" by "C. Nolan Reilly."

I joined this community because under the Ole Skoole unbrella I also make websites for friends. I am making a website for a friend named Analisa Adams-Corteau (). She is starting a business consulting firm called Altruistic Leadership. She wanted a slide show front page with clickable images that path to her home page. The home page will have the same slide show (smaller) with clickable images to the appropriate sub page.

I found it in a thread started by David Lee in a answer given by Matt Evens. This script works well and I have implemented it in the test site I have for her: . The one problem I have is I would like to control the length of time each image is displayed. I would thing that the answer would be in a parameter in each object, but am not sure and would not know the syntex.

I have wrote a private message to Matt hoping he will get online and tell me if there is a solution for my problem. If anyone else would like to chime in the thread is 88329 and the script I am using is Matt Evens' first response. How do I adjust the length of time each image displays with that script.

Thank you, and thanks to those who created this site.

Nolan Reilly (nolano)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Correction on Altruistic's website (although under construction now) [snipped]

Pleased to meet you nolano. I'm Lisa.

Pleased to meet you nolano. I'm Lisa.

Hi Lisa,

One of the things I want to do is learn C++.net. I have the book and the software, just need the time now. Right now just trying to get a project done of my friend Lisa (now Analisa) for her new business. Looking for a java script slide show with clickable hyperlinks for each image. Found that, but still need to find a way to adjust the time each image is displayed.

Nolan

Hi Nolan, Nice to see you here! have a great stay!!

Hello,

My name is Nolan Reilly and I work for Gartner as an analyst and database manager/excel programmer. Learned VBA from books and studying other's scripts when my supervisor at the time asked me to be the programmer for the group. Working for Gartner in the IT industry was the best thing since the spoon.

In my other life I am a musician and have a company called "Ole Skoole Productions." I told my wife about ten years ago that most likely the way I would get my music out was going to be on the web. She said, of course, no way. No way that the people will get their music from the web, how is that going to happen. I said technology, I love it, I live it, and technology will enable me to by pass the discremanent eye of the record producer. Now, ten years later I have my first song on iTunes, "Together" by "C. Nolan Reilly."

I joined this community because under the Ole Skoole unbrella I also make websites for friends. I am making a website for a friend named Analisa Adams-Corteau (). She is starting a business consulting firm called Altruistic Leadership. She wanted a slide show front page with clickable images that path to her home page. The home page will have the same slide show (smaller) with clickable images to the appropriate sub page.

I found it in a thread started by David Lee in a answer given by Matt Evens. This script works well and I have implemented it in the test site I have for her: . The one problem I have is I would like to control the length of time each image is displayed. I would thing that the answer would be in a parameter in each object, but am not sure and would not know the syntex.

I have wrote a private message to Matt hoping he will get online and tell me if there is a solution for my problem. If anyone else would like to chime in the thread is 88329 and the script I am using is Matt Evens' first response. How do I adjust the length of time each image displays with that script.

Thank you, and thanks to those who created this site.

Nolan Reilly (nolano)

I have solved the problem: Every image in the slide show displays for 5 seconds, so for a 20 second delay I use 4 instances of the same image. Would have been easier to control the timing in the code, but I guess that is not possible.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.