Hi I am research assistant in mechanical engineering department,Istanbul University. I am 37 years old. Programming is my hobby since when I bought my first PC 15 years old. I started to learning programming with Qbasic and go on visual basic, delphi and now python. I am an amateur programmer. I try to finish my phd thesis and use python for calculations related to my thesis. I also like to use open source operating system and applications.

I started to use linux with knoppix in 2004 or 2005 I am not sure. When I started to use linux , my main OS was windows but now opposite. I only use windows to play games and some special applications that I could not find linux alternatives.

I am happy to be a part of this community.

Best wishes for everyone.

Cuneyt.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I am getting a double major in computer and electrical engineering. It would be an invaluable asset to have contact with someone with your knowledge.

I'm new here too, but welcome to the community!

hey Cuneyt... Welcome here... nice to have such people here...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.