daitken 0 Newbie Poster

I'm the new kid on the block so don't try to beat me up until you read this!
I owned an electrical contracting company in Chicago for 17 years. In 1988 I suddenly got sick and within a short time I lost my business, my money, my home and the use of my legs.
After 3 years of walking with a walker I moved to Wisconsin and found a doctor that took me off of all the medications and had me go through therapy. I now walk without even a limp. I do have my difficulties but at least I have my life back.
I had started college once again at 58 years old at Blackhawk Technical College in Janesville, Wisconsin. I am the school photographer & writer for their news paper. In the fall of 2011 I majored in business management. Then starting this spring of 2012 I changed the major to IT Web Development/Programming.
I had loved creating web sites (don't cringe now) with FrontPage but I had found out that it is more of a hassle then it was all worth. I still want to show my artistic/creative talents so I wanted to learn the right way and that is why I got into this program.
They started me out with HTML in January and I am whipping right through so far already designing a new web site with CSS/HTML/PHP/JAVA all in Notepad++. I love what I am learning but I still need a lot of advice so I, like you, have joined this forum to learn from my mistakes and from the pros or people that have made the same mistakes and are willing to share their knowledge with others.
Well, enough gabbing. It's past midnight & I have to get up at 05:00 for school.
Thanks for your help in advance.
I am available for E-Mails at dennis [at] mia [dot] net
I can be seen at www.variousphotography.com
(I promise that I will redo the site in Notepad++ very soon.)
and you can read my articles at Flyer|Online here http://www.btcflyernews.net/