My name is Leon de Groot. I'm from the Netherlands (the best country in the world to live in). I started "programing" when I was 10. That's 14 years earlier. I have a cousin who tought me GW-BASIC. Later I started (trying) C++, as suggested by a guy from the village I lived in those days. At school I started programming PHP, as was taught. Untill that moment I really wrote a decent program. Of course, you want to make something complete. But I exaggerated and started writing a big game in PHP. I never finished it. I put the game on this forum, by the way.

Now, years later, I just started writing a Yahtzee app. That's gonna be my first finished up program. I also put this script online, because I got stuck. I sure hope that I'll be able to move on with it, with or without help.

I play the trumpet.

Bye,

Leon

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Pleased to meet you. My grandparents were from the Netherlands. You are a de Groot. I'm a de Graaf.

Ah nice to meet you too! Do you know Count Count? Good luck with that one ;)

Nice to meet you. I wrote DaniWeb in PHP. I’ll check out your game a little later. I actually just recently woke up and am just surfing the web in bed before I hop into the shower.

How’s Coronavirus where you are?

The Coronavirus

I don't follow the news so actively. Of course it's a crisis.. I'm pretty much locked up myself. Thank God I have a laptop and an internetconnection. What I do know is that Germany is going to take patients from the Netherlands, because we wouldn't have enough beds if they didn't. So it's about keeping our hands clean and all. And pray for our loved ones.

Here we were the first county in the US to go into "shelter in place", which essentially means you're confined to your home 24/7 unless it's for a life-sustaining reason. (e.g. to get food)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.