Hi, not sure if I’m in the right place, but is it possible to have google search’s I never made show up in my history, could i have been hacked, malware or have parts of someone else’s search history. There is some explicit things that I definitely didn’t search. These search’s were in a data request from google, just a small amount were not me. How is this possible? Any help would be great thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You can be logged into your Google account across many devices, from computers to phones to smart TVs to the XBox and other IoT devices. Perhaps you are accidentally signed into a device somewhere and forgot about it and someone else is using your account. Have you tried clearing out your search history, changing your password, and seeing if it’s still happening?

It is possible that you could have been hacked or infected with malware. It is best to scan your computer for any malicious software and change your passwords.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.