The emails are going through but all they say when I open them up is You have a new message from your contact form
============================= there is no subject line or message attached. When I send the test message through I put something in the subject line and message section so i'm not sure why it isn't showing up.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

forgot to attach my code any ideas are very much appreciated

Screen_Shot_2022-04-28_at_6_24_23_PM.png

So we know that line 37 is being triggered if the email contains that message.

But then I see the email text is based on what is in $_POST. What is stopping anyone from loading this PHP script without it being a $_POST request or filling out the form?

Can you please clarify by what you mean when you say there is no subject line? The subject of the email isn't 'New message from contact form'?

when I type something in the subject line and message section it doesn't come through to my email. The email is going to my inbox but without the copy I put in the subject line and message section.

Screen_Shot_2022-04-29_at_9_10_22_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2022-04-29_at_9_10_36_AM.png

Please provide a public link to the contact form or include all of the HTML code used to generate it.

It could be a problem with the configuration of your contact form. Try double-checking the settings, making sure the subject line and message are included in the code, and testing the form to ensure it is working properly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.