I am Ava Taubman and I am an expert industry writer who loves to explore the current scenario of different sectors, especially the Captioning industry.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Interesting service but how are you dealing with YouTube's automatic captioning that also will offer captions in other languages?

I had a chat with a YouTuber a few years back when this was a new feature and they didn't know about it. A short chat about how to reach others that read/spoke other languages led us to YouTube's automatic captioning and translation.

My question to you is: Do you feel pressure from the Google YouTube system and bonus question, how will new advancements such as ChatGPT impact your business?

While it's not scratching the depth of ChatGPT's capabilities I asked ChatGPT the folowing and it's reply was:

How do I say "Merry Christmas" in German?
To say "Merry Christmas" in German, you can say "Frohe Weihnachten." This is a common phrase used to wish someone a happy holiday season in German. Other ways to say this in German include "Fröhliche Weihnachten" or "Glückliche Weihnachten."

Professional captioning won't go away but YouTube's offering is filling a need. Let's see what ChatGPT has to say about this:

Will captioning services be competitive with YouTube's automatic captioning?

Captioning services and YouTube's automatic captioning feature can both be useful for adding captions to video content, but they are not necessarily in direct competition with each other.

YouTube's automatic captioning feature uses speech recognition technology to automatically generate captions for videos. While this can be a useful tool, the accuracy of the captions generated by the automatic captioning feature can vary. In some cases, the captions may be inaccurate or incomplete, which can make the video difficult to understand for viewers who rely on captions.

In contrast, captioning services typically involve a human transcriber who creates captions for videos. These captions are generally more accurate and complete than those generated by automatic captioning, but they can also be more time-consuming and costly to produce.

As a result, while automatic captioning can be a useful tool for quickly adding captions to a video, professional captioning services may be more appropriate for situations where accurate and complete captions are particularly important, such as for educational or legal purposes. In general, the choice between using YouTube's automatic captioning feature and a professional captioning service will depend on the specific needs and goals of the person or organization producing the video.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.