The U.S. Treasury shreds 7000 tons of used currency each year.

Horses can eat 24 hours without stopping.

Since when can you eat time? :P

(I know what you mean)

About 26 percent of the water consumed in the U.S. is bottled water.

Only 3 athletes have ever won medals at both the Winter and Summer Olympics:

Eddie Eagan of the USA
Jacob Thams of Norway
Christa Luding-Rothenburger of Germany.

The average US citizen sees 11 rainbows during a year's time

US $100 bills of series 2003A and later will not burn! (I have not tried this yet!)

I bet I could make them burn.

No one knows how or why magnets attract and repel.

From the March, 2008 Scientific American: "Then there was the study that questioned the efficacy and purpose of the intensive screening of travelers at airports. The researchers, from Harvard University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, note that no scientific evaluation has ever been done of the 'screening tools currently in place.' They ask the arch yet brief question, 'Can you hide anything in your shoes that you cannot hide in your underwear?' And they point out that spending on 'airport security ($9 per passenger) is 1,000 times higher than for railway security ($0.01 per passenger), even though the number of attacks on trains is similar to that in planes.' Which, they explain, is 'analogous to committing mammography resources to screen only the left breast.' "

Also: "In a short item entitled 'A Day in the Life of a Doctor: The Power Point Presentation,' two British physicians reveal the 'the main purpose of a PowerPoint presentation is entertainment. Intellectural content is an unwarranted distraction.' They go on to advise that 'the more lines of writing that can be coerced onto a slide and the smaller the font, the lower the risk of anyone criticising any data which has accidentally been included' and that 'the number of slides you can show in your allotted time is inversely proportional to the number of awkward questions which can be asked at the end.' "

Nearly 35% of self-professed Christians believe that it was Jesus, not Moses, who parted the Red Sea. Only 1% of Jews make the same mistake.

Each day more then 20 million meteoroids enter our atmosphere. Most of them are just egg-size.

M*A*S*H was recently voted the #1 Best-Loved Television Sitcom in Estonia.

Each day more then 20 million meteoroids enter our atmosphere. Most of them are just egg-size.

Meteoroids are the pieces of 'debris' in the solar system. Once they hit the atmosphere the streak of light they produce is called a meteor, and if they hit the ground they are meteorites. Depending on the composition of the meteor (FeNi vs 'rocky'), an egg-sized meteor would weigh about a pound. Most of them are actually minuscule. The chances of a human being hit by a meteorite is about .0055 per year or about one event every 180 years - thanks to Annie Hodges, we don't have to worry about it for another 100 years.

Bottle caps cost more to make than most bottles.

Edgar Allan Poe was kicked out of West Point.

That is true, infact I also happen to know that Chuck Norris is the only person who can order a Big Mac at a Burger King outlet - and of course get it.

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer - unfortunately, he never cries.

The word potholes for road holes comes from the time when the raods were not paved. Potters, or people who made pots and things, would go into the road and steel the fine quality clay leaving behind holes. Hence the word potholes.

Bet ya didnt know that one. :D

80 percent of car trips in the United States are less than one mile in distance.

In Finland they banned Donald Duck comics because he doesn't wear pants.

Because of the increase in the number of 'double flushes' the introduction of the so-called "low flow" toilets has actually increased water consumption.

80 percent of car trips in the United States are less than one mile in distance.

Ene, love your new avatar. Our next door neighbor drives his huge Lincoln Navigator SUV to the mailbox every delivery day to pick up the mail. A distance of about 200 feet.

Here is my elephant:
Did you know that more fingernail clippers are confiscated by airport security agents than any other item.

Each heartbeat pumps about five tablespoons of blood.

If every crime committed were prosecuted to the full extent of the law, 39 percent of North Americans would be incarcerated.

If every crime committed were prosecuted to the full extent of the law, 39 percent of North Americans would be incarcerated.

An astonishing extrapolation! I doubt there would be that many folks in jail, since people would be less inclined to commit a crime, if the knew they would end up in jail.

Did you know that the author of the FBI anti-piracy warning gets a $0.05 royalty every time you watch a movie on DVD.

Tomatoes contain more vitamins relative to their mass than any other vegetable or fruit.

VegaSeat, like you new arty avatar!

Tomatoes were considerd fruit until WW2, then they were recategorized vegetable to obtain lucrative U.S. Army contract.

A recent nationwide study found that Macintosh users most often own Honda and Toyota brand cars, while PC users most often own Ford and Chevrolet.

A recent nationwide study found that Macintosh users most often own Honda and Toyota brand cars, while PC users most often own Ford and Chevrolet.

I mainly use Macs, and my last 3 cars were Fords

I mainly use Macs, and my last 3 cars were Fords

You are living proof that statistics lie!

White snow melts slower than yellow snow.

On the topic of snow:

If you dress a snowman it will melt slower.

On the topic of snow:

If you dress a snowman it will melt slower.

Get your mom's best mink coat, that will really do the trick! The snowman stays cool, but you will get the heat!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.