It was good knowing you.

Netscape, 1994-2008

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

LOL, rest in peace. Never used the thing.

You know like when you're watching a movie with this critter or alien and the hero just keeps splatting it but it just won't stay down?

You know like when you're watching a movie with this critter or alien and the hero just keeps splatting it but it just won't stay down?

Kind of like versions of Windoze that are slated to reach end of support, and then the ending date gets extended and extended....

I used Netscape way back at my old school, didn't like it very much :D

I always found Netscape clunky and slow to load pages. Mind you, this is back in the days before Firefox... I think I was using MSIE4 at the time on Win95, so it was probably the 56k modem at fault :)

netscape will live on in firefox

Just had a thought (uh-oh!) but if AOL are going to scrap Netscape... how long will Winamp have left? Especially as WMP has improved so much since AOL took Winamp over.

Winamp has just bloated into something completely that you just don't need. What happened to the simplicity of Winamp v2? AOL's influence just killed it for me.

So err... yeah, back to the original topic of Netscape

good riddance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.