Hi:

I designed a website, mainly its only one long page with several sections. There I placed several links on top of this website, so the visitors can just click and go to the sections. I decided to add few pages to this website also. I used MS WORD to add these pages with .htm extention, but when I click on the link to go to these pages, the links works and takes me to these pages, but the page is mostly scrambled. Do I need to use a different word processor or use a diffent file extention?. by the way, all these files are in the same folder.your help is really appreciated.

thanks

Sam

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi Sam,

I have never actually used MS WORD to design websites, but I wouldn't reccoment it. I don't think that the browsers can pass MS WORD documents that well. If you can write fluent html, I would suggest using something like notepad or dreamweaver if you have access to it. With dreamweaver you can develop visually. If you can, can you please post the html code to the pages that a scrambled when you reply back here. That way we will be able to help you out better by seeing what is actually happening inside the code.

richie513

Hi:

I did not use MS WORD to design website. I used MS WORD to cut and paste one written page into it and saved this page in the same folder so I created a link to point to this page. But when I reached the page by clicking on the hyperlink, this page opens, but it all the charachtors are scrambled and nad I have no clue why.

thanks

Sam

Hi Sam,

I have never actually used MS WORD to design websites, but I wouldn't reccoment it. I don't think that the browsers can pass MS WORD documents that well. If you can write fluent html, I would suggest using something like notepad or dreamweaver if you have access to it. With dreamweaver you can develop visually. If you can, can you please post the html code to the pages that a scrambled when you reply back here. That way we will be able to help you out better by seeing what is actually happening inside the code.

richie513

Please provide your code we are not here to read from magic ball

Please provide your code for the page you are having trouble with. We can help you by telling you what is happening in your code, but we can't help you unless you provide it.

MS word is a bad app to use when reading code. Always use notepad (file extension .txt). If you have your page published, go to page>view source in the browser; and it will bring up the source code. If you cut and paste or attach the code to this forum I and few others would be glad to read it.

Why don't you use another Microsoft Office Program "Microsoft Front Page" which will give you full control over making a webpage.

Hey,
I am not sure what your abbility of HTML is, but although HTML may not be the most advanced code in terms of producing websites, I highly recomend is, as apose to using MS Word.

A lot of browsers do not read websites created using MS Word, as well as basic HTML 4.0

Not much more I can say here but I hope this helps :)
x

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.