i live near an RAF base where they fly, hence i know

whats this one?

im getting good at this lol

USMC AV-8B. Can't tell the unit.

And another whirlybird.

just be warned, I've got tons of aircraft pictures of my own making :)

@jbennet

Is it the hawk?

Jwenting's second helicopter looks a little like a French made Alouette?

yeah, jwenting is right

its a Harrier av8

and so is sneekula. It's an Aloutte 3.

something a bit more obscure now (at least for the youngsters ;) ).

Jwentings plane #10 is a little hard to see, but I am working on it.

My WAG is that it is a Mirage F1

Wrong plane, right era :)

Wrong plane, right era :)

My eyes must be getting bad. I can't figure out if the wings sit high or low. Do you have a mildly larger picture?

I think Jwentings plane #10 might be F5 Tiger (Freedom Fighter), possibly one of the ones that the Shah of Iran purchased.

Let me hang one up there, this is mystery plane #11. Any wild guesses?

you're both wrong.
It's a high wing aircraft, two seat version of what's normally a single seater.

#11 is a Fiat G.91. Looks like a trainer version of the Italian airfarce.

God, the picture of #10 is small, but it might just be an Alphajet?

Here is plane #12, any guesses?

I don't know much about planes, but is plane #12 a Phantom fighter jet?

Hmm, plane #12 looks more like a British Buccaneer bomber.

Just in case I should be right, let me show plane #13 for your invited guess:

Plane 13 is Mig 21?

Snee is right, plane #12 is a British Buccaneer.

I agree with hammerhead, plane #13 has the nose job of a MIG21, not quite sure which country has such a gorgeous camouflage?

south africa?
argentina?

May I present plane #14? It is easy to see what country is flying it.

Okay, plane #13 is a MIG21 of the Rumanian Air Force. If you look close the second circle is yellow, as the Indian second circle is white. Good guess so. A very colorful plane it is!

Plane #14 is most likely a Japanese knock off of an American design, looks a lot like an F16. Need to check it more thorougly. Maybe they came up with their own.

It's an F-16, Japan built them under license and may have made some small changes but it's basically the same aircraft.

For those of you with bad eyes :) here's a bigger view of the aircraft I showed earlier that noone has yet identified: http://hornet.demon.nl/Dscn1451.html

Double points if you know what the aircraft with tail number "46" is that you can only see the tail and exhaust of (tip, you might be able to read it if your eyes are good) :)

And another one for those up to a bit of a challenge. http://hornet.demon.nl/DSCN1473.html

For those of you with bad eyes :) here's a bigger view of the aircraft I showed earlier that noone has yet identified: http://hornet.demon.nl/Dscn1451.html

Double points if you know what the aircraft with tail number "46" is that you can only see the tail and exhaust of (tip, you might be able to read it if your eyes are good) :)

The now bigger picture shows a Jaguar.

I can't ID tail #46, but I think the one behind that is a Tornado.

I present airplane #16 (if I've not missed a number)

Jwenting is correct, plane #14 is a Mitsubishi F2, pretty much the F16 design using some innovative material of construction.

b1?
lancaster?
hurricane?
liberator?

nope, nope, nope, nope. It's a Lockheed Constellation.

Still no answer on my latest though (and yes, I know it's a rarity, very few were built and most went to rather obscure operators).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.