To kill the suspense: the bonus question, Tail #46 is a Super Etendard. And like I said it says so right there on the tail :)

nope, nope, nope, nope. It's a Lockheed Constellation.

Still no answer on my latest though (and yes, I know it's a rarity, very few were built and most went to rather obscure operators).

Yes, it's a Connie. Specifically, the USAF EC-121

I still got no clue as to your mystery plane.

no clue

another one?

clue: it's Italian.

clue: it's Italian.

Looks much like Piaggio P.166 plane.

In case I am right, here is mystery plane #17

typhoon?
spitfire?

Would #17 be P-40?

mustang?

i mentioned that earlier and i dont think you can post the same plane twice

Would #17 be P-40?

You are right, it is a P-40 Warhawk made by Curtiss (US).

Just another plane from same time period, #18 for your review:

#18, too easy. The plywood wonder, the Mosquito

#18, too easy. The plywood wonder, the Mosquito

True, too easy, it's WW2 Mosquito fighter made by DeHavilland.

Okay, this is just one little harder, plane #19 (then someone else can go):

damn thats what i meant to say, but i saud typhoon ;)

su25?
eurofighter?

su25?
eurofighter?

Hint, look at the many tires, most likely heavy plane like bomber would be.

su25?
eurofighter?

Do you just throw names out there, hoping one will stick? :icon_razz:

I got #19, but I'll stand down and let someone else answer. I'll try to find something interesting when I get home to post later.

I think plane #19 is the ill fated Tupolev Tu-22 bomber. It had a lot of crashes.

Let me quickly sneak in plane #20, another WW2 oldie ...

I think plane #19 is the ill fated Tupolev Tu-22 bomber. It had a lot of crashes.

OK, you're close. It's the Tu-22M Backfire, which is significantly different from the Tu-22 Blinder series

OK, you're close. It's the Tu-22M Backfire, which is significantly different from the Tu-22 Blinder series

You are right, they relocated the engines after the tail got scraped too many times.

Plane #20 looks similar to Grumman Hellcat, but I am not sure?

Here is my mystery plane, plane count is at #21 --->

My brother has a model of plane #20 on his bedroom dresser. He tells me it's a Grumman Bearcat. Looks sure like it.

Is plane #21 a Lufthansa plane?

It's indeed a P.166, congratulations.

#20 is a Bearcat
#31 is an Atlantique.

Another hard one. Another Italian one too. And another rarity, but this time for another reason (which I won't mention yet).

Yes, plane #20 is a Grumman Bearcat. I agree, plane #21 should be an Atlantique.

Jwenting's plane #22 looks much like a modified AMX fighter.

#21 is not an airliner - quite uncomfortable. Atlantyk antisubmarine warfare aircraft (and sometimes aerial recce.)

no, it's not a modified AMX.
I admit this one is extremely hard. Few people will ever have seen this aircraft (AFAIK it's only been shown on 2 or 3 airshows ever, and is not in operational use anywhere at the moment).

2 more pictures to help you along.
Sadly that's about everything I have on the aircraft that doesn't show the type designation for all to see :)

I'm going out on a limb and taking a shot at Frogfoot (Su-25/39)

#23 Something you don't see every day. Probably not any day.

I said it was Italian :)

Congratulations, that's the first one I had to look up ;)
It's a PZL M-15, Polish built cropduster.

Gotcha in my sights now - M-346 Advanced Fighter Trainer, Italy

The M-15 Belphagor is so cool - a jet powered biplane. Now, if you think that's a lead in to a Polish joke, keep in mind that most of them were sold to the USSR. The Poles use a conventional prop plane as the mainstay cropduster - better performance, lower cost.

This is an F-15

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.