haha it takes forever, around 6 weeks it took me but I applied for a record, posted the forms and voila! I have been accepted and they will be monitoring the status of my record until it is complete for 2010
They are releasing a new guiness world records book all on Technology feats
so....my record is "Online Forum Topic with most replies"
So I have till 2010 until I can complete
...so far there have been 30 replies lol :D

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

?

I'm supprised they would accept that kind of record because its so easy to cheat. And 30 replies is peanuts compared to many boards and in the Games board here at DaniWeb. One such game has almost 2,000 posts and that's one of the smaller ones.

Now, something like "Online Forum Topic with most replies where no one person posted more than once". That might get some attention :)

I thought about entering one for the most game of MS-Hearts played until I realized it was so easy to fiddle with the numbers.

This is the utter stupidity that people tend to waste time on these days.

I'm supprised they would accept that kind of record because its so easy to cheat. And 30 replies is peanuts compared to many boards and in the Games board here at DaniWeb. One such game has almost 2,000 posts and that's one of the smaller ones.

Now, something like "Online Forum Topic with most replies where no one person posted more than once". That might get some attention :)

Well they have a large section in the technology edition that needs to be filled up. they are probably sick of myspace and facebook ones, because I was told that most records are "most myspace views" or even worse "most facebook friends"

This is the utter stupidity that people tend to waste time on these days.

++

Sounds like GBR is getting really wimpy on what they'll let in. Many years ago a club DJ friend spent over a week continually playing records - the bar was "open" 24 hours a day during this feat (only served non-alcoholic stuff during non-legal hours), logs were kept of witnesses, all quite by the books. After all he'd suffered physically and mentally to accomplish this, they rejected it as the only had a category for on-air DJs. Sucked big-time.

oohhh that would be a kick in the face!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.