Its been a while but I need your help on this one Daniweb...I am creating request forms (i.e. Conference from Reservation Request, Software & Hardware Installation requests, Network Access Request, etc.)

Forms using Code 5 System (www.code5systems.com):

1. I have a form for Conference Room Reservations. There are 6 conference rooms. Each conference room belongs to different department. Each department has a secretary who is in charge of scheduling reservation for conference room belonging to that department. On the form I have a dropdown list of the 6 conference rooms. I can set up predefined auto responses to email one or more secretaries when a user hits the submit button. I need the form to send one email to the secretary who is in charge of scheduling conference the room for their department.

2. Each form has a dropdown list that is set up so you have to select your department first. Based on which department the user selects I need to auto populate a second dropdown list with the names of employeess (stored in a database) belonging to that department. Once the user selects their name from the second dropdown list I want the form to auto populate the following text boxes (this data will need to be retrieved from a database using SQL): First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, and Email Address.

3. I want to capture data from dropdown list and text boxes entered into a form by a user. Put that information in the body of a email to notifying the correct person to who will handle that particular request.

Ok, so on the dropdownlist.selectedindexchange populate the 2nd dropdownlist. what's the problem?

to send e-mail, check out...
http://www.jscape.com/articles/sending_email_using_vb.html

or you could have outlook on the machine hosting the webserver and use a microsoft com object, or install an SMTP server and just drop a text file in the outbound path. lots of different ways of doing it.

if you want to outsource the development, PM me.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.