... this whole reputation points and altering power business works...

ive got like 70-some-odd points, but i still only have one little green box, and 1 altering point.

I'd sure feel cool if i could get a few more green things ... it'd also be nice to know what the basic formula is, so it doesnt seem so arbitrary.

I dont know if this is appropriate question for the "geeks lounge", but i figure anyone who gives a damn about their e-Rep on an internet forum, has got to be a geek in the eyes of most of the world.

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

You get your second green box at 100 points. When you get to 10 posts you get a rep pint then another at 500. Then I think it is every 1,000 posts you get another. You also get a rep power point for each year you are a member. Lastly your reputation also affects rep power. I'm pretty sure that is how it all works but I might be mistaken.

commented: thanks for breaking that down for me! makes sense :-) +1

cool thanks, so what are the stars, then?

Edward's guess is that you get one star every 1,000 posts. That seems consistent, but Ed has been wrong too often in the past. ;)

It absolutely correct, except for Jbennet. He should have 11 stars but only has 10.

And rep points don't count here in the coffee house.

It absolutely correct, except for Jbennet. He should have 11 stars but only has 10.

There is probably a maximum possible number of stars.

There is only 10 stars and titles

Rep power is affected by post count (i have less blocks but more rep power than ancient) , whereas the number of blocks isnt (thats solely an indicator of rep power - the darker blocks are worth more than the lighter ones i think)

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

cool thanks, so what are the stars, then?

Thats what you see in sky during night ;)

The whole thing is a little bit like the painted flags on some military uniforms. Most folks don't know what they are for. I always thought that the stars where the LOL count.

I always thought that the stars where the LOL count.

Tss.. I have 1 star and I dare you to find one other post then this one, where I use the word 'LOL'
;)

So, what is 'LOL' in Dutch?

The Dutch word LOL means 'having fun' actually, so I could use it.
But I'm not a 'lol' kind of guy :)

And rep points don't count here in the coffee house.

so, if i get positive or negative points on a post here in the geeks lounge, it wont add or subtract from my overall "reputation points"... is that right?

yep they will show up in your CP but wont matter with regards to totals

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.