I am not a geek or anything technical and this is the first time on this site, so I hope I am doing this correctly.

I wanted to know if there is such a thing as an infinite loop designed to allow one to take a sound (ex. a rain storm) and put it in an infinite loop. Since I am not a programmer it would pretty much have to be a no brainer.

My second problem is I don't know where to find the answer to this question if you give me one. But, I guess I will cross that bridge when and if I get to it.

Thanks for any assistance that you can give. If this can't be done please tell me that also. Thanks.

Tracy

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Do you want to program this you self?
If yes: What language?

Or are you looking for an existing program to do this for you?

Based on these answers your thread will be moved to the right forum.

It realy depends in what context and enviroment you wist to use it, such as background sound of website, part of flash or director multimedia context, or part of software application

Peter, thanks for your reply. I hope this clears up my request. As you know there are all kinds of sound you can download from the internet. I would like to download a rain storm sound. Then I would like to be able to infinite loop it (hopefully seamlessly) so that I would be able to play it on my pc. I use it to play at night so it will help me to sleep. I have WIN 2000 professional. I was going to say that I could play it through a bunch of different programs like Windows media player, Realplayer, Winamp, or Total Recorder but, this I realized that these programs probably would not be able to to it.

So, anyway I hope I am understandable and you can help. thanks in advance for any advise!

Do you want to program this you self?
If yes: What language?

Or are you looking for an existing program to do this for you?

Based on these answers your thread will be moved to the right forum.

I do not program, I need one that will do it for me. More specifically, I want to be able to download the sound of a rainstorm and be able to loop it (seamlessly) so that I can play it on my pc to help me sleep at night.

What file-format is the soundfile in ?

One solution I can think of is to use Winamp (choose 'free' and unmark 'send me announcments').
When installing winamp, unmark all the 'toolbars plugins' and the 'winamp-agent', you won't be needing those. [edit] Ah I had missed that you allready have Winamp, so the next steps will be the important ones :) [/edit]
After install is complete and you hear the "lama whippin' intro", go here and download the Winamp Crossfading output.
After installing this, restart winamp, press ctrl-k to get 'preferences' and under plug-ins->output, select 'crossfading output'.
Now load the 'rainsound' TWICE in the playlist by clicking 'add songs' and your done!
Winamp will now crossfade between two the same songs, and thus the sound will loop to eternity!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.