I think maybe I may have come to the wrong place as it looks like you are all experts, and you don't need a silly novice like me. I very nervous and like I say, I am a complete novice where computers are, and I feel as if I have wondered onto another planet. Yes everyone is talking English, but words are completely foreign if you know what I mean. I will be honest with you I don't know where to begin. I'm also afraid that I will bug you with simple questions which will make you want to shoot me. I have got a second hand computer, which looks like a good one, however, I feel that its not running right. I really don't know how to sort the registy out and I am completely afraid of dos. I really hope I can find someone, who will have a little patience and understanding with me. I think I need to clean the computer up and make it safe so that I can surf safely but I will be honest I don't know where to begin. I will have a look around, so I don't bug you with questions that have already been answered, but hopefully someone will take a little pity on me and put me under their wing.

I will also be honest, I not very well at the moment, I used to be a secretary, but because I suffer from blackouts no one will hire me because I am a health and safety risk in their building, and I have tried to look for someone who wants some typing done so I could do it from home, so I could least do something to help myself, and maybe send it back to them however, it looks as if those jobs are non existent at the moment. So I will be honest, I haven't alot of money to go out and spend on expensive software. I know I seem to asking for the moon and stars, and I am really sorry.

Thank you so much for allowing me to join your community, and for your patience and understanding. I also hope that I can meet some good friends too.

Take care
Petrena

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hi and welcome.
There is no need to be afraid and ask questions. If you think you may have some "nasties" on your computer you should check out Viruses, Spyware and other Nasties section of our forum. They just love it to mess with such things over there ;)

Thank you so much for your advice, I have just checked out the Viruses Forum, I have just looked at the thread before you post, and it asks me to go through some processes, of which I don't know how to. I am alright when I am in Windows, and Mircosoft Office, and the basics of downloading but everything else I am stuck. I will go and ask there if someone can help me.

Thank you for your patience.

Just make a new post over there and ask them for step-by-step help as you have very little IT knowledge

Okay I will Peter,

Thank you for your help.

Hi Petrena:
Welcome aboard.
Thanks for the detailed intro.

Hello there...Welcome to the community,
Enjoy posting

Welcome aboard!

You came to the right place for nice helpful people.
Welcome to Dani Web.

welcome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.