Hi Folks

This above error has just started to occur and it only happens when I try to play battlefield 2142 for some reason.

From what little I can gather this is usually a hardware driver issue so, on that basis I updated all my drivers tonight. Unfortuantely this had no effect and it happened again.

I read on a thread somewhere that it may be something to do with devices sharing the same channel (sorry I am not very tech minded I'm afraid)

Can anyone help as it seems that this could be a multitude of things ranging from the above, to bad RAM (I recently added 2x512mb)

As this error only occurs when I try to play Battlefield (which is an online registration) I don't theink the RAM is to blame so, I have a feeling it's to do with this device sharing dealy but I am unsure how I can check and then rectify this

Apologies for the long winded post, but I'm pulling my hair out here, Please Help!!!!

I will add to the post the exact content of the blue screen error message in the hope that it may shed some light on it
TIA
Skin

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi Skin again,

The blue screen says the following

Stop: and then a series of numbers followed by

D24WDM.SYS Address Ba68DCFB base at BA68C0000
Datestamp 403f091B
Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your systems admin for more info

Not sure if that helps or muddies the water further

TIA
Skin

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is usually bad ram. This article should help as it shows you how to diagnose bad RAM. It actually specifically mentions that error in the article as being a RAM issue:

http://www.technibble.com/how-to-diagnose-bad-ram/

gaming is video, CPU, and RAM intensive.
The error codes after the STOP msg. would be most revealing.
D24WDM.SYS appears to be a VGA driver. check for correct path statement in registry (Image statements in reg. IS NOT the same as a path statement, DO NOT edit registry w/out instruction from OEM), check to see IF the file (& correct ver.) IS where it's supposed to be, check system for duplicate incorrect ver. copies of the same file, contact OEM.

Emachine with VIA chipset-ran memtest ok tried fresh instal w2000 no problem but balked on xp pro install - played with ram no help finally updaded via with 4 in 1 from Emachine site and cleared up problem

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.