I'm a IT tech and I need to learn how to modify a Lotus Notes .id file to reset users passwords. What tool or application can I download to change the password and get user using their email. Please send me your comments because I believe you could you a text editor but I'm not sure.

Can you use a text editor to change the .id text file?

I'm a IT tech and I need to learn how to modify a Lotus Notes .id file to reset users passwords. What tool or application can I download to change the password and get user using their email. Please send me your comments because I believe you could you a text editor but I'm not sure.

I also need to know how to either change or retrieve someone's password. Please let me know if you've found a way to do this.
Thanks, S.Surdy

I also need to know how to either change or retrieve someone's password. Please let me know if you've found a way to do this.
Thanks, S.Surdy

Well .. i am an Lotus developer since 1992
You definitely have no chance to change the password by Editor.
This wouldn't commit with the safety rules which are inherited in the lotus domino system.

You only have the chance to change it with the lotus notes client ... therefore the user has to do this in the preferences sections

As Administrator you have the possibility to manage this with the admin client .. there is a so called password recovery function ... if configured by the administrator ...

if you need more detail infos ... just ask again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.