http://www.smartcertifydirect.com/

Has anyone ever come in contact with these, or know anything about them? I thought about taking one, but I don't know if they are worth it or not. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Kinda looks a little scammy with all the sign up gimmics.

Aha! The good ole U.S. of A(ds everywhere)! I am sooooooo glad to live in a counbtry where education is the province of the public and not the private, and where even a conservative government has not proved capable of bastardising everything!

That said, the course listed there are genuine ones, but I'd disregard the catchy 'Free offers' that are listed. Read the fine print and you'll find that they're not genuine. Sure, you can get 'Free training' from them. If, that is, you are a person who already has the knowledge the course provides, who can send in all the coursework virtually immediately, have it assessed, and be granted the qualification all within the space of a few short months. That's not an offer to provide free training, it's a gimmick to gain further plaudits for themselves.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking it was crap, because I finally found out how much they were: $2000 ---that's two thousand, not two hundred!

I guess you're looking at Java courses?
Sun has excellent ones. Available as classroom study, web based, or CD/Book format depending on course and your preferences.

I guess you're looking at Java courses?
Sun has excellent ones. Available as classroom study, web based, or CD/Book format depending on course and your preferences.

Ahhhhh, how could I forget the Sun site? Can't believe I didn't think of that..Thank you. I guess I won't even worry with the other site now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.