Dave Sinkula commented: Heh. The picture/caption in the link is priceless. +19

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Probably not more than one in a thousand could name more than a couple of the MEPs we sent there last time.

Its like that here too. Very few American's can name the people in our Congress and Senate. Sure I know the names of a few, but all 600+ people?

Ignorance is bliss
Apathy is a mental illness

commented: nice :) +36

Ignorance is bliss
Apathy is a mental illness

Can I have my pills then, please?

When I was mugged on the subway in Paris, I lost my passport. Getting the replacement was a breeze because I had photocopied the original - in the interview, I was asked some interesting validation questions like:
Creamy or Crunchy? I answered crunchy (you have to be pretty deep American to even understand the question).
A couple questions about Popsicles and fudgesicles. The coup de grace question was "who are your senators" - I could not remember but I knew their nickname "mom in sneakers" and "skeletor" - Patty Murray, and Slade Gordon - that was good for a laugh.

Can I have my pills then, please?

A good dose of fresh air will be better than pills.

Who are the most enthusiastic voters in Europe?
BRITAIN and the Netherlands kicked off the four-day process of electing members for the European Parliament on Thursday June 4th. It is one of the biggest democratic exercises in the world, with over 375m voters in 27 countries. But some voters lack enthusiasm. As the European Union has expanded, turnout has dwindled: from 62% at the first election in 1979 to 45% in 2004. Some blame a general decline in democratic engagement but, aside from countries with compulsory voting such as Belgium, the difference in turnout for national and European parliaments is substantial. And worryingly for Europhiles, turnout is worst in many of the newest members of the club, in eastern Europe.

>>I was asked some interesting validation questions like:
>>Creamy or Crunchy? I answered crunchy (you have to be pretty deep American to even understand the question).

What does that mean by-the-way ? :)

>>Creamy or Crunchy? I answered crunchy (you have to be pretty deep American to even understand the question).

Peanut Butter

Ah, not a peanut butter lover, eh? Peanut Butter in the US comes in 2 varieties Crunchy or Creamy. I prefer crunchy, my partner prefers creamy but I will eat creamy if my crunchy is gone but she will not.

My favorite brand was Skippy until a few years ago because the peanut oil would float to the top in other brands. However now I have switched to Jif because it's not as dry tasting as Skippy, and spreads better.

peanut butter and jelly sandwitch -- yuuuuum :)

We always like Adams because the oil did rise to the top so we would flip the jar -- it was supposed to be more natural but we got lazy and now buy generic pb - someone once said "you can eat peanut butter with a fork but why??" My response is that all my spoons are dirty so I only have forks left.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.