I m a new member doing my Final Year in Computing,i took time to hoover around most of the forums on I.T Projects.I intend to do a an on-line bus Booking system Project for a bus company.while i have i have no proper programming experience which i am much willing to learning to complete this project,id like some ideas on what Web Technologies to use which for this project e.g whether to go for php or asp dot.net etc,
As part of my research these are the few system functions that I have managed to gather from various existing online booking/reservation systems including samples from the Forum. The system should have 5 system functions and these are most of what I have managed to come up with.
1. View the available Trips to a particular destination.
2. Customer fills in the form i.e. Names/Contact Number/Email, Destination, Date of travel, Number of passengers.
3. Get the fare/ taxes/rules of the ticket/total price.
4. Reserve a Seat and also be able to select/change choice of seat e.g. Window or aisle (like on airline systems).
5. Credit card payment.
6. View bookings and check statuses/ changes/ print tickets or receipts.
Other functions for the administration and other staff.
Administrative Control functions:
Create Journeys and publish schedules. Includes add destinations/ taxes/ timings etc...
Edit journeys ( change time / cancel )
Publish fares, Rules or Promotions.
Edit fares and ticket rules.
Create accounts to allow these functions.
Generate reports from the database.
Thanks in Advance!