Lhairy 0 Newbie Poster

Hi everyone,

I really hope I'm posting this in the right forum. This is my first post and I hope I don't bother or offend anyone. Please excuse my newbieness.

Here goes: I want to write a children's ebook that would feature the ability to click on any word to hear it's pronunciation. Also, I want the child to be able to read along with the audio. This means that the words would need to be highlighted in time to audio pretty much like in karaoke.

I searched the internet for days looking for programs and tutorials... I've emailed ebook maker companies... I've downloaded and played around with Adobe trial versions of Flash, After Effects, Dream Weaver, Acrobat. Griffin Technologies' iKaraoke TunePrompter comes the closest for syncing text to audio. And believe it or not Power Point comes the closest to inserting sound and music as well as the ability to record sound.

There is a children's ebook website SNIP that does EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I emailed them too but so far I haven't gotten a response.

Could someone please help me? I look forward to any and all responses.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.