i thought the Big Bang was actually the Egyptian god, Ptah,who masturbated and his ejaculate became the universe.

By any chance does legend say that Ptah released two gas particles like in the youtube video because it would be cool it were part of Egyptian religion.

Thanks

You'll end up looking for something unnatural to create things.. call it God and ease your life..:icon_rolleyes:

Really? Would we even 'see' it if it happened in our living rooms?

I always thought the opp of BB was the Big Crunch, although I'm more akin to believe in Heat Death. Thermodynamics is a bitch.

hmmm. I cannot remember much about heat death, but I believe it has something to do with one of the ways that the BB theory is impossible? the maths behind the likelyhood of life is so small that it is deemed impossible. let alone the maths behind evolution.

oops

You'll end up looking for something unnatural to create things.. call it God and ease your life..:icon_rolleyes:

Amen! Even so I think God created us to be curious and not stupid.

oops was:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 58368 bytes) in /home/daniweb/httpdocs/forums/includes/class_mail.php(266) : eval()'d code on line 147

hmmm. I cannot remember much about heat death, but I believe it has something to do with one of the ways that the BB theory is impossible? the maths behind the likelyhood of life is so small that it is deemed impossible. let alone the maths behind evolution.

It is also called 'entropy' when all the energy in the universe is equally spread no work can be done. Currently, the average temperature of the universe is 3degs K. (-270 C). It is thought that if all the matter/energy in the universe were converted to heat, it would only raise the temp. by about .5 degs K; this implies that we are at the 'heat death of the universe' now.

The 3 laws of thermodynamics (paraphrased):

1) you can't win
2) You can't break even
3) you can't get out of the game

Even though, on the whole, we are on the entropic end of the universe - as long as there are areas of negentropy (ie, areas of higher and lower energy levels) work can get done and life can go on.

What about the TV series "The Big Bang Theory" ??? Beats the shit outta the actual universe formation theory...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.