Hi, my nickname is irhaven. The IR has to do with interracial and irhaven is the name of my blog, which I won't plug here. Anyway, I'm 40 years old, interracially married (I'm white, she's black with some Apache) for 14 years, and we have 2 biracial sons (aged 14 and 11). I hail from, and we live in, Austin, Texas.

I've been a computer geek since about 1995 but I didn't become an IT professional until 1999, when I did 1 of 3 stints for Dell Computers. From 2000 till 2003, I was a network administrator for an engineering firm. I did contracting work from 2003 till 2005. From 2005 until last month, I worked for a major cable company doing phone-based tech support as well as sales for their products and services.

I've been unemployed the last month but have good prospects on the horizon, including a job interview tomorrow with an IT firm which looks very promising. It's been a tough road but things really are looking better.

Hobbywise, I am a musician (I play electric bass guitar, acoustic/electric guitar, keyboards and can program drum machines) and singer, aspiring cook and longtime cartoonist (just not professionally).

I ran across DaniWeb while searching for a solution for fixing my kids' computer. I thought it might be good to be part of a community like this. Thanks for encouraging me to say hello.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi Irhaven,

This is very common in recession. Dont worry it will be alright

Thank you for the encouragement!

I think the job interview went well yesterday. I am just waiting to hear something on that. At the same time, I know I can't 100% depend on just one job so I'm looking for other prospects, too.

Hi Irhaven,

This is very common in recession. Dont worry it will be alright

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.