Hi, my nickname is irhaven. The IR has to do with interracial and irhaven is the name of my blog, which I won't plug here. Anyway, I'm 40 years old, interracially married (I'm white, she's black with some Apache) for 14 years, and we have 2 biracial sons (aged 14 and 11). I hail from, and we live in, Austin, Texas.

I've been a computer geek since about 1995 but I didn't become an IT professional until 1999, when I did 1 of 3 stints for Dell Computers. From 2000 till 2003, I was a network administrator for an engineering firm. I did contracting work from 2003 till 2005. From 2005 until last month, I worked for a major cable company doing phone-based tech support as well as sales for their products and services.

I've been unemployed the last month but have good prospects on the horizon, including a job interview tomorrow with an IT firm which looks very promising. It's been a tough road but things really are looking better.

Hobbywise, I am a musician (I play electric bass guitar, acoustic/electric guitar, keyboards and can program drum machines) and singer, aspiring cook and longtime cartoonist (just not professionally).

I ran across DaniWeb while searching for a solution for fixing my kids' computer. I thought it might be good to be part of a community like this. Thanks for encouraging me to say hello.

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by irhaven

Thank you for the encouragement!

I think the job interview went well yesterday. I am just waiting to hear something on that. At the same time, I know I can't 100% depend on just one job so I'm looking for other prospects, too.

Hi Irhaven,

This is very common in recession. Dont worry it will be alright

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.