I didn't really know where to post this, so I figured I'd just go with the lounge.

I'm looking for some business startup resources, but I want something more from the standpoint of an industry professional, rather than that of an entrepreneur. I'd like to do something along the lines of a game development studio or just "plain old" software development, but I'm having trouble finding any resources that aren't just some business guy blabbing about how he does it.

Anything would be helpful, whether it be blog posts, full on websites, forums, etc...

Also, this post is not for people to come in and post "I can make gamez! I can haz job plz?" Do so, and you will be severely downrep'd (by a whole 1), unless of course you can downrep me harder, in which case, have a ball =)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i don't know how you're going to do a "startup" without incorporating some amount of "entrepreneur" -ism. i don't think industry professionals just create a new business without some amount of scrambling for funds and risk-taking.

but i'm not an entrepreneur, so don't ask me.

anyhow... i can make gamez! i can haz job plz? i miss the days of free lunches, stocked snack cabinets, and all-day foosball tournaments.

You're telling me. Free coffee & hot cocoa, free dinners during crunch time, launch parties at the shore (well, out in CA it's the beach, but I'm from Jersey).

I know it will take entrepreneur-ism, but I don't need those resources anymore. I've found plenty of sites for that point of view, so I'm just now looking for some POV of an industry pro who's done it and is sharing their knowledge.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.