Around 5hrs....i am student....

8-12 hours a day

I spend from 3- 6 hours a day and that is mostly at home.
I would probably spend more if I had the time.

Probably about 7 hours for me on a typical weekday?

I'm a workaholic. Typically 12 hours on weekdays, but try to limit myself to 8 hours on weekends. My carpal tunnel doesn't like it when I overdo it so trying to take it easy.

Anywhere from 2-16 hours a day, usually closer to 4-6. Depends on the project.

time should never be an issue when using a computer, forget food, sleep or work... <snigger> Onlu joking!

(She says while at a friends house, having only just arrlived and already set her computer up hehehe)

I'm a workaholic. Typically 12 hours on weekdays, but try to limit myself to 8 hours on weekends. My carpal tunnel doesn't like it when I overdo it so trying to take it easy.

Yeah, I get very bad pains in my fingers, hands, and arms as well. I try to type as little as possible.

I used to be on 24/7. Then my parents realized I was on 24/7 and grounded me for life, but they let me on a lot anyway. Mostly for homework, college related things, or music related things.

And then there's the 2-4 hours I spend online after they go to bed every night...

Yes yes, being grounded when you're in college. A true sign of an obsessive Internet dweller.

-Fredric

about 18-20 avg aday

12+ work (pain) m-f.. ...unless i get called (more pain)
2+ game/forum/news/research

weekends=drink. work on house/car/game if i can (consoles only).
sleep if i can
sooooooiee! if i can. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I get very bad pains in my fingers, hands, and arms as well. I try to type as little as possible.

I used to, until I got myself an MS Natural Keyboard and a top quality mouse (in my case a Logitech MX700 or MX1000 now).

Makes a world of difference. I used to have onset of RSI (which it sounds like you have too), just those changes cured that (plus taking regular short breaks, just a few minutes away from the keyboard once an hour or so).

Most mice are too small, preventing your hand from having a natural posture.
Most keyboards prevent your hands from flowing normally, causing strain in wrists, elbows, and shoulders.

Get quality gear before it's too late and you are permanently prevented from using a keyboard!

how many hours aday are you huys on the computer :idea:

Comp on 24\7. I am aboard between 6-12+ hours every day (work and play)

I spend a lot of time on a computer too -- computer programming at work and on DaniWeb at night (sometimes at work too when I have spare time). I've been at a typewriter since 10th grade, about 50 years or so (in those days we didn't have home computers). Now, only my wrists ace occasionally.

work + "play" = 8 to 9 hours a day

Depends..
10 - 18 hours a day.

I am pleased to see that my computer use\ time spent on is not unusual (not that I really thought it was or even cared if it was). Computers and the Internet are incredible inventions, nay, miracles (in some sense) and I always can find an excuse to be on mine. I really do use it to learn every day, updating skill-sets for future use, writing, coding, and gaming. I met my sweet and lovely GF on a Christian chat site and we are united and creating art, writing, programming, and studying every day in real-time together. Awesome. :cheesy:

It is only a matter of time before the computer\ hardware && software for the Net is physically implanted in the arm or neck (by choice-- free will-- not government order as some people imagine, and maintained by nanotechnology as well). Most people are scared of this for some conspiracy theory-Orwellian reason(s), I suppose, but I say: "Where do I sign up ?!"

Forget hard-drives. The ultimate hard-drive is our brain. Until then (perhaps 30+- years, maybe) I will just command my compiler and stay on the manual (hand-typed version) of <Dani-Web>. :)

Cheers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.