Hi guys,

this is preethi from chennai. I have done bachelor's in computer application. I am a beginner in programming. But i am very passionate about programming. My aim is to become a java architect. I know only basics of c, c++, and java. Guys,i dont know how to improve my programming skills. I need a detailed advice on this. Pls help me!!!

i want to pursue my career in it field. As i have finished ug, now i have to learn by myself. So suggest me some online tutorials also.

Guys, i have system, some books, net connection. I want to use all my resources in a useful way. but i dont know how to do it in a systematic way. Should i do any homeworks on programming???? I need a detailed advice, pls help me!!!!.

i would appreciate any advice regarding my problem.

Thanks,
preethi

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

>>i dont know how to improve my programming skills

Practice, practice, practice. The only way to improve it is to study, read other people's code (program maintenance) and coding your own programs. With time your coding skills will eventuall improve. A bachelor's degree is not the end of your learning, but only the beginning.

Apply and get yourself an entry-level programming job. Employers won't expect you to have the skills of someone with several year' experience. Just show them you have basic programming skills and have the potential to perform well for them and you will be ok. Then learn as much as possible while on the job -- and don't be afraid of constructive criticism. Many programmers become very offended when someone tries to critique the code they have written. Accept their criticism with positive attitude so that you can learn from experienced people.

Hi guys,

this is preethi from chennai. I have done bachelor's in computer application. I am a beginner in programming. But i am very passionate about programming. My aim is to become a java architect. I know only basics of c, c++, and java. Guys,i dont know how to improve my programming skills. I need a detailed advice on this. Pls help me!!!

i want to pursue my career in it field. As i have finished ug, now i have to learn by myself. So suggest me some online tutorials also.

Guys, i have system, some books, net connection. I want to use all my resources in a useful way. but i dont know how to do it in a systematic way. Should i do any homeworks on programming???? I need a detailed advice, pls help me!!!!.

i would appreciate any advice regarding my problem.

Thanks,
preethi

what do u mean by you only know the basic? do u know OOP?

mine is just that am new into d system hope s'one helps out.

hope to get some help for my programming ability.

To quote another poster practice practice practice. The best way to become an really good in programming is to do it not just read a book or watch a video. Actually do it.

One suggestion is to create something as a personal project like a inventory management system for all your text books you own and or DVD/CD's or create some other type of system. Doing so will help you hone your programming skills much better then they would become if you just passively watch a video or read a chapter in a book. The worst way to learn to program is to simple read a book. Programming requires hands on learning, it requires trial and error and some of the best programmers in the world state the same thing.

So if you want to know how to improve your skills put down the text book and start programming a game or some other system.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.