Hi Everyone,

Glad to find you all. My name is Teddi (Female). I am in the process of changing my career after 13 years of doing xray. My dream is to do computer forensics. Since I have been doing xray all these years, I need to firm up a good computer foundation. I have completed an MBA in management information systems, but that did not even begin to touch the surface of what I need. So now I am working on my MS in CIS. I am in C# and Love it. I love puzzles. I need to learn some networking, security, more coding, everything. There is SOOO much and and I can't learn it fast enough. Looking forward to finding more time to check out the forums here and answering some questions as I increase my knowledge base!!!

I am single and have a great dog named Gypsy. She is a golden retriever and Australian shepard mix. Looks more like the shepard.

That is pretty much me, work, school, and dog! But it works for me for now!!!

Teddi

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by computerbear

Hi Teddi\
I'm relatively new here too
So far, from what I've seen, these forums are a good place to start.
One Question though? When you talk about xrays. Do you mean medical stuff or am I missing something? It's hard to tell these days (new languages etc) and I don't always understand the abbreiviations (ok I just admitted my age)
zener

Hi, Teddi

Glad to meet You! Welcome to daniweb forum and look forward to your ideas and wonderful posts! :)

Hi Teddi\
I'm relatively new here too
So far, from what I've seen, these forums are a good place to start.
One Question though? When you talk about xrays. Do you mean medical stuff or am I missing something? It's hard to tell these days (new languages etc) and I don't always understand the abbreiviations (ok I just admitted my age)
zener

Yes, I mean medical x-rays. I have worked in this field for 13 years. I have a BS in Computed Tomography (CT), but only did limited work in that area. I have worked in Special Procedures, which is my favorite. That is a special lab where we would do more invasive procedures, abcess drains, angiography, where you insert needle, then catheter into vessels and inject dye (contrast) so the vessels show up on x-ray, and a whole host of other types of procedures. I have also worked doing mammography. Most of my time has been spent taking regular old x-ray images of bones in either a hospital or clinic.

Look forward to seeing you on the boards here! What do you do?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.