Hello everyone ,

i know it sounds weird for dust to come inside a "data center" but it happened where i work

and they assigned me to look for a special type of vacuum cleaners that would take off all

that dust (suction), they disagreed when i suggested a "blower" or "compressed air" coz it

might make things worst.I found many ESD safe vacuum cleaners but they are all from outside

of "Dubai" which is not preferable for the long run.I would appreciate any suggestion

from major international vendors.Or if possible another solution

I apologize if I'm in the wrong section.
thanks alot

Before attempting to clean it up I suggest you find the source of the dust. I have seen dust or dirt come from air vents. This can be a sign of dirty air ducts. The dust may just come back after you clean it if the source is not found. Perhaps the building maintenance group can help with that. If the dust is simply on top of the servers you could simply brush it onto the floor and vaccum it up. If it is inside the servers then you can remove each server from the datacenter and use an air compressor to blow the dust out. This should be done outside where the dust will not get back into the datacenter. I have done this many times using a commercial air compressor system with no bad effects as long as the system is turned off.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.