Member Avatar for Fjolsvidr

Greetings DaniWeb,
I'm a high-school student trying to make his way into programming. That's because I find it cool and interesting and I'll probably choose a related job. And I want what I learn to be useful in the future.
So here is my question: Which programming language do you recommend to a starter like me? I'm eager, but don't have so much time to dedicate to programming. I'm looking for something that will be worth the time.
Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Either Java or C# would be a good start. Both are widely in use right now.

Greetings DaniWeb,
I'm a high-school student trying to make his way into programming. That's because I find it cool and interesting and I'll probably choose a related job. And I want what I learn to be useful in the future.
So here is my question: Which programming language do you recommend to a starter like me? I'm eager, but don't have so much time to dedicate to programming. I'm looking for something that will be worth the time.
Thanks in advance.

howdy!
or before you go for the IT field,you should better find out something you're interested in,something you are good at,and more,see the trend of that to decide it is a long way or not.
be helpful,thank you,good luck to you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.