Hello,

I'm still in school and im thinking about going into a career in ICT but im not really sure about what you do in certain jobs. In my opoinion im very good with a PC i.e. I create websites for friends and family and other things like that.

I think that a career in ICT is the right move for me but in my family there are relatives in law. It's a tough decision and it needs to be made by January.

The above isn't all I need help with, in January I need to choice my subjects to take. If I were to go into a career in ICT what subjects would I need to take ?

That is all for now.

Thankyou everyone

As this is my first post I thought i'd introduce myself. Im Ollie and im from England

Member Avatar for mderbyshire

Well, all I'll say is, if you are still in school and wish to persue a career in IT, the logical thing to do would be to choose some subject relating to IT. I can't say for certain what subject that'd have to be, as all schools/colleges/universities run different courses, but have a think about what exactly you'd like to do with computers (fixing/repairing them, building/maintaining networks, website design, software programming, etc?), and try to get on a course which involves learning about that.

I don't believe, however, that you would need to take any particular subject to go into IT. If computers and the like are where you heart lies, and you are genuinely good with them (and are able to show this), you will get a job (eventually). Qualifications help, but experience and genuine interest are just as (if not more) important, and will also help you gain employment in a particular field.

Hello,

I'm still in school and im thinking about going into a career in ICT but im not really sure about what you do in certain jobs. In my opoinion im very good with a PC i.e. I create websites for friends and family and other things like that.

I think that a career in ICT is the right move for me but in my family there are relatives in law. It's a tough decision and it needs to be made by January.

The above isn't all I need help with, in January I need to choice my subjects to take. If I were to go into a career in ICT what subjects would I need to take ?

That is all for now.

Thankyou everyone

As this is my first post I thought i'd introduce myself. Im Ollie and im from England

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.