Im currently working on redesigning a website, but have not come up with a price yet. I am college student majoring in graphic design. Its my first time designing a real website so I didnt know how much to charge.

What I am doing:
-creating a pdf with instructions about the layout and functionality of the website
-css for the website
-basic html, with the links,layout, and any static text.

How much would be a reasonable price per page? I showed it to them once and they were really impressed and liked the what I had done with a few of the pages.

Sorry if I am not clear, just ask me to clarify and I will. I put it tech support because it is tech related, if it doesnt belong here hopefully it will get moved to the right section.

Thanks-

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Well, it depends who you are working with? Is $5 - $ 10 a reasonable price or do you want it to be higher. We have to see your final design to judge the price. After you finish, can you send me the link to the website, i wanted to take a look. Thanks

what is the price range a professional company would charge per page?

1 Million $ for a page B-) :D

It totally depends upon once requirements, i.e, weather you want static or dynamic and lots of other factors like SEO friendly etc. For a rough idea a good site will cost arove 5$ per page.

It totally depends upon once requirements, i.e, weather you want static or dynamic and lots of other factors like SEO friendly etc. For a rough idea a good site will cost arove 5$ per page.

He's asking about a professional company not about a rookie freelancing company lol, proffesional companies charge as per the face of client

they wouldn't charge per page. They'd either charge a fixed price for the entire project based on the project requirements, or a price per hour.

It's impossible to tell what something will cost "per page" without knowing the exact requirements.
A single "page" may take 10 minutes or 10 days depending on the design and what's supposed to go on it.

they wouldn't charge per page. They'd either charge a fixed price for the entire project based on the project requirements, or a price per hour.

It's impossible to tell what something will cost "per page" without knowing the exact requirements.
A single "page" may take 10 minutes or 10 days depending on the design and what's supposed to go on it.

Right on the Cue :)

The price tange may be from$20 - $50. or less. I have never hosted a website before but that is what my friend told me. he just hosted a website recently and pay around $10 per month but not a professional company

It depends how useful the page will be to the company.

My first project like this while I was in school, I charged $750 for the project as a whole. I didn't do much redesigning, other than recreating the entire look without using layout tables (I hate layout tables with a passion). The biggest part of what I did was building a content manager from scratch on the back end using ASP.NET and Access (The site has been rebuilt professionally since). I then charged $50 per month for the next year for support and minor changes/updates. If they wanted an major change, it was gonna cost them another project ($750).

i have heard that some places charge like 2,500 for the first 10 pages. then i think 100 per each additional? i dont know if this is right - im just throwing in what i heard. That was for a free lance designer though...

The company I work for creates custom websites for anyone who wants one, but we charge such an absorbent amount that only medium to large companies can afford us.

commented: + +0

I'd say it will cost about between $300 - $500 depending on the quality of person who is working on the page.

Dependent on who the customer is. Reminds me of the conversation between the Young New Optometrist and the Old Veteran Optometrist...

Noob: I get all the technical stuff of how to make glasses, but how much should I charge?
Vet: Well, do what I do. I make the glasses, then I say "That will be $100".
If they don't flinch, then I say "For the exam. The glasses themselves will be another $100".
If they still don't flinch, then I say "For the frames. The lenses will be another $100".
And if they STILL don't flinch, I say "Each".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.