ok so, my name is Brandon and I'm 16 years old (17 in may) and i want to get the CompTIA A+ certification for a Geek Squad job or some other entry-level IT job. If any of you guys ever took the two tests necessary to get the cert. any tips? any materials i can study before i shell out the money to take the test?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

complete a real education rather than hoping to land a job like that after cramming for an exam.
No decent company will hire a 16 year old with A+ and no college or better education and/or years and years of professional experience.

They hired me ***. I'm 16 and don't even have the CompTIA A+ yet. I was hired when I was 15 and now I just took over the company as my boss moved on to programming with his Bachelors in Computer Science.

So yeah go for it but don't cheat yourself of highschool either it's important. I don't know your exact circumstances though but before choosing remember it's especially hard to do this at our age because of the age discrimination/ lack of credentials even if you have the knowledge most ppl only care about the piece of paper. It's hard work but anything is possible if you put your mind to it and refuse to give up!

commented: hahah, Amusing +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.