Hey!

I'm planning on getting more excercise since sitting on my ass for 12+ hours a day makes me feel useless.

What would the best time to work out though? Should I rather work out late at night before bed, or early in the morning right after I wake up?

Hmmm...:-/

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

It depends. Some say after exercising at night you would feel very refresh and can concentrate more when you do your work while others say after exercising you will be very tired. I would recommend you to choose morning because that is when your body is more active and going for execising will cut down your fats if you have. Try exercise 5 times a week the most if you are busy make it a point to exercise 3 times a week. This will keep your body in good shape

Good luck

Okay, There's no particular time for work-out , you can workout at anytime you want, except post lunch or dinner or anytime you had food.

but for a reason everyone worksout in the morning, coz it gives much confidence to the day you are going to start, and so much of power.

don't expect results so early, no push-ups on first day, and do not exceed your workout on first day more than 40 minutes, and don't worry about body pains for the first two weeks maximum. warm up before you go rigorous.

Should I rather work out late at night before bed, or early in the morning right after I wake up?

Work out at the time that is most convenient for your schedule. I go to the gym after work for about an hour because that's the most convenient time.

you can workout at anytime you want

Correct.

except post lunch or dinner or anytime you had food.

Only as concerns having an upset stomach. If you don't get queasy working out after a meal, there's no issue here either.

Okay, There's no particular time for work-out , you can workout at anytime you want, except post lunch or dinner or anytime you had food.

How many hours after a meal would not be considered post-lunch/dinner? 2 hours? 3 hours?

3 - 4 hours

Mornings. Why ? One very important reason. Consistency! Weak up, breakfast and gym. I found out it works well for me. When you exercise late you always find a reason to not to.

When you exercise late you always find a reason to not to.

Like not wanting to get up early to go to the gym? :D Finding reasons not to work out is a bigger issue than timing. Regardless of when you schedule it, if you don't care enough to go, you're simply not going to go. Excuses just make you feel better, if you're the type of person who can successfully lie to themselves.

commented: Lol +0

How many hours after a meal would not be considered post-lunch/dinner? 2 hours? 3 hours?

It depends on your meals size too, if you had heavy meals, it may take more than four hours to pulp it out in your stomach, you know what i mean?,

Inhale.Exhale :)

So first step: You are no longer planning. You are doing! Do something today!

If you can get a co-worker or friend to join you, it will help with consistency.

Sometimes after working out I feel drained, tired, and am done for the day. Other times, I can come back, eat(if I worked out before dinner), and work on stuff with a clear head. Since you work so much a day, you probably feel very fatigued afterwards.

Now remember, I don't know you. I don't know how you actually feel, so don't think just because I said you feel very fatigued, you actually are. However, if you are very fatigued after work, you may want to consider an after dinner workout. Dinner, once digested, will give you some more energy. You can then turn around and use this energy to work out! Afterwards, you can hit the sack (after a shower of course), energy spent and body relaxed!

This is individual. When I was younger I had no problem to run a biathlon race hour after meal, now being older I prefer 1 1/2 or 2 hours period.

As for exercising I try to walk to/from office every day which is some 5km in 45-50 min in one direction, sometimes impossible with ever changing London weather. Then there is every other day 1hour+ in gym, mostly cardio.

just don't go the way of my former colleague who ended up addicted to the gym, exercise, and food supplements until they had to call emergency and rush him to hospital in an ambulance to get his stomach pumped.
He was spending 7 hours a day at the gym (12+ hours weekends) in addition to working a fulltime job 75km from home, a distance he travelled on his racing bicycle every day.

commented: Well said :) +0

just don't go the way of my former colleague who ended up addicted to the gym, exercise, and food supplements until they had to call emergency and rush him to hospital in an ambulance to get his stomach pumped.
He was spending 7 hours a day at the gym (12+ hours weekends) in addition to working a fulltime job 75km from home, a distance he travelled on his racing bicycle every day.

too much is too bad for anything. 12 hours weekend?, that sounds insanity, and as far as i know i never seen anyone getting addicted to gym.

too much is too bad for anything. 12 hours weekend?, that sounds insanity, and as far as i know i never seen anyone getting addicted to gym.

Then you do not know any professional athlete ;)

commented: Are you a professional athlete, peter? +0

God bless them, then.

known more guys (not this one, he did double triathlons for fun) who cycled 200+km for a saturday morning workout, before breakfast.

my best time is in the evening, when i need to get my blood flowing again, about 4ish, 5ish, 6ish, or whenever i can get myself to do 10 minutes of warming up. after the warm up, i'm ready for more!

Evening is the best, the air is cooling and the weather is not so humid

A good workout in the morning helps me think better all day!

I agreed with Ene Uran . Studies have shown that exercising in the morning increase brain power as when you exercise the heart pump more blood to the brain. You can think better after you exercise. Why am i postig scienc stuff?

This question is more based on your lifestyle. I prefer to workout early and get it over with. Some people prefer to workout at the end of the day.

I wish I could get up early enough to gym and feel motivated enough to actually do work :(

Definitely an immediately after work guy here!

People don't smell quite as bad in the gym in the morning.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.