After watching the royal wedding of a lifetime. i am interesteed to know what are the different noble titles. For example there is a prince, duke, earl and knight and many other more. Can anyone enlighten em about their royal titles and who is currently holding there. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

I don't think there is a list -- they just make them up as they go along :)

Thanks AD. But i heard from source such as wikipedia there are some noble titles and the lowest of them is a Knight and you can become a knight by doing great service to the Queen of England. And there are Earl titles. How many knight titles are there currently in England?

Already saw that but they did not say who is currently holding the title or any free title ( Means no people are currently that now )

Member Avatar for diafol

> How many knight titles are there currently in England?

Just in England, or do you want Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland as well?

> How many knight titles are there currently in England?

Just in England, or do you want Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland as well?

Sorry i forget about that. England Scotland and Wales only

Thanks for the link BitBlt. But it does not provide infromation who is holding the title for example duke. And there is also no knight titles. Is knight title already not in used in england anymore?

...But it does not provide infromation who is holding the title for example duke...

Yeah, about that...Debrett's has been publishing the guide to the peerage for a couple of hundred years (since about 1780). It's in its 148th edition. For the paltry sum of 275 Pounds Sterling, you can have your own edition. Then you can know everyone who holds every title in the UK. That's a lot of people. :icon_eek:

More detail on the history of Debrett: http://www.debretts.com/about-debrett's/early-history.aspx

You mean if i paid 275 pounds i can see all the people who are holding the different noble titles in UK.

That has got to be the world's largest book :icon_eek:

Member Avatar for diafol

Try this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_nobility

> Hope to attain a noble title in England some day. Maybe a knight or king...

How? As a human chess piece?

Hope to attain a noble title in England some day. Maybe a knight or king...[/B]

How? As a human chess piece?

Thanks Ardav. The link is helpful. I want to become a noble as in real. Maybe a lower class noble

You will have to do something knightly -- like slay a dragon or something. Or an entertainer, like comedian Bob Hope.

Member Avatar for diafol

> I want to become a noble as in real. Maybe a lower class noble.

Hmm. I think you've got a better chance of meeting Queen Victoria.

You will have to do something knightly -- like slay a dragon or something. Or an entertainer, like comedian Bob Hope.

Or reach the eighth rank without being captured - though that wouldn't get you to king. You could be a queen, though. I know people who get to be queens by other means, but maybe that's not your thing.

How do you become a noble even though you are not a british. Is that possible? Is knight considered a lowly class noble now and are there any knights still living in England

Sure, there's Sir Paul and Sir Mick, for starters.

What's this about wanting to be a noble, anyway? Why's it a thing for you?

Here are guidelines to become a knight. As I said before, to become a Knight you have to kill a dragon or something like that.

It pretty much starts and ends there for the prospective knight: how good can you swing a stick? You can be the nicest, most courteous and chivalric person in the world, but if you can't fight well then you won't be a member of the order [NOTE: the rule is �All knights are good fighters, but not all good fighters are knights.� There are exceptions to every rule, including this one; thankfully, they're rare.

You are a dragon AD and a pretty ancient and old one too. So to become a knight i have to slay a dragon, can i slay you? Since you are pretty easy to kill. So it sees i can become knighted easily.;)

Naw, it won't do you any good to slay me because I'm too much of a pussycat.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.