Can anyone explain one to me?

debasisdas commented: mindless posting. +0

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

To answer my own question,
Let's take this step by step:

1. Multi-way = Means the logic gate has more than one input, (i.e. four inputs.)

2. Multi-bit = Means that the amount of bits going is more than one. (i.e. instead of 1, 1010011, etc.)

3. Multiplexor. Wikipedia.

commented: pointless babble +0
commented: Funny person and making me laugh the way you are getting comment from viewers +0

So?

Quite...

commented: lol +0

I get voted down because I asked a question about boolean logic in the Geeks Lounge, and then again for answering my own question?

Edit: Thanks, trying to figure something out is mindless posting, and then answering is just lots of babble. Ill keep that in mind next time I ask questions about computers on an IT forum.

From your thread in the Geek's Lounge...

Alright, I know it's stupid, but I felt the sudden urge to make a computer without electricity, choosing paper and pencil as my choice.

Where do I begin?

It would be preferred, to a conclusion,that this be able to solve calculus - lim,deriv,integrals..

To which you got one REAL answer (I had missed this one before).

Okay, what's your input and output method? Do you want to go more along the lines of a slide ruler with slides or wheels, or maybe a very large complex mechanical system made out of origami pieces?

Or do you mean making electric components out of paper and graphite? You can make resistors by etching a current path with a pencil on thick paper and putting two leds on the ends or create a variable resister with a paper clip. I've heard of people making capacitors out of old books and some foil. Transistors are a whole different game requiring you to dope material.

This was your chance to clarify. You get ONE (at most) chance to clarify and it better be more than one line. Let's see how you did.

As in, drawing the circuit, having circles filled in or not, respectively, 1 and 0, putting in input using binary, following paths all the way through, filling in circles and getting to the outpu, then converting the binary output to standard arabic numerals.

A little better. Not entirely sure whether you're talking about writing a program...

then converting the binary output to standard arabic numerals.

this be able to solve calculus - lim,deriv,integrals..

or building a computer. If you are the recently deceased Robert "My favorite programming language is solder" Pease (R.I.P.) or his friend Jim Williams who died a few days earlier, this is the same thing. For us mere mortals, we do one or the other. We either build the computer or we write the program that does Calculus. Robert Pease might be able to design a computer to do it.

Can anyone explain [a multiplexor] to me?

But you ain't him.

So pretend Bob Pease is reading your post in heaven. Surely he could answer it, but he has to figure out exactly what the question is. So you have to ask it the smart way.

Edit: Thanks, trying to figure something out is mindless posting, and then answering is just lots of babble. Ill keep that in mind next time I ask questions about computers on an IT forum.

No, keep in mind the link I just posted. Read it several times. Someone should pin that thread. Trying to figure something out is good. You get "babble" when you post in such a way that guarantees you'll get babble. You hopefully get non-babble answers when you post a non-babble question that shows you've attempted something first. That means reading the Wikipedia article FIRST, then asking questions about the parts of the Wikipedia article you didn't understand. And "answering your own question" isn't necessary. Just mark the thread "solved". If you have some insight that Wikipedia DOESN'T cover, by all means share it.

Yes, that's right.

The Geeks' Lounge is not the place for this anyway. It's a non-support forum, somewhere to kick back and relax. Ask questions about computers in the appropriate part of an IT forum and 1) you will get better answers, 2) you won't get voted down as much...

I get voted down because I asked a question about boolean logic in the Geeks Lounge, and then again for answering my own question?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.