A Fish Named Wanda

I saw that one. It was OK. It's old

Journey 2: The mysterious Island
X-Men: First Class

I haven't saw those yet.

Prefontaine

Never heard of that one.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Today, I saw Argo. It was a good movie. I enjoy it.

The Amazing Spiderman.

Member Avatar for diafol

Watched Man on a Ledge (again). Love it.

I remember when Ed Harris used to be the hero. He's a horrible looking bloke now. Far too skinny - like a lollipop.

Prefontaine was an old runner

He died in a car accident at the age of 21!

Watched Man on a Ledge (again). Love it.

I didn't like that movie... but there is one part of that movie where a lot of people zoomed in at :)

argo was a great movie. I saw it when it just came out! It was about the Islamic Republic taking over Iran. My dad says he remebers that. Anyway I'm Persian. So I know about the Islamic Republic and you don't want to know what they do to you!!

So I know about the Islamic Republic and you don't want to know what they do to you!!

It depends... i am a muslim (people think I am a tanned white fella but anyways...) and I am kind of curious on what you are refering to...

Prefontaine was an old runner

@cproger - My father went to high school with Steve Prefontaine in Coos Bay :)

Watching a movie called "Fat Kid Rules the World".

Netflix said I would like it... so I have to like it, right??

It looks strange so far....

My father went to high school with Steve Prefontaine in Coos Bay :)

That is awesome! It's kind of cool to know someone who is going to become famous later on (not sure if Steve is that famous though).

Steve Prefontaine is mostly famous in the track and field world and in Eugene, Oregon. The same place that Nike got it start at.

The Ant Bully

Romeo and Juliet w/ leonardo dicaprio... it had a hilarious beginning (the gang war scene) but the rest was sh¡t....

<M/> I'm not saying anything bad about your religon. I think your religon is great. In Iran they torture the prisoners and shoot people on streets.

radar... detecting... sarcasm?... ^

In Iran they torture the prisoners and shoot people on streets.

They do that everywhere (any country, just wherever the crazies are)... what you see in a movie doesn't mean that they really do that...

If you get caught stealing in a muslim country, they have the ability to cut your limbs or your head, but that doesn't mean muslims are cruel and violent people... muslims are dedicated to peace, being connected to their god, being productive, and being a great human being at all times, and etc.

<M/> I'm not saying anything bad about your religon. I think your religon is great.

Every religion is great, just the only problem is that no one agrees to a religion. That is why people have conflicts, because there is no agreement. For example, Christians believe that Jesus was crucified and muslims believe he was never crucified. Christians have images of whomever they believe in and muslims believe that their deity and prophets should not be seen in images becuase an artist can always twist an image. Christians believe that (i may be wrong, i am not christian) Jesus is the Holy Lord/god while muslims believe he was just another great prophet. So, based off of those examples, do you see what kind of conflicts can be started when one judges and doesn't come to agreement with another's belief? Sorry that was kind of irrelevant but i had to point that out.

radar... detecting... sarcasm?... ^

Could be or stereotypes...

Vampire, and no, no fangs in this movie. Don't be misled by the IMDB description. It's in Japanese style, slow, not much conversation and detailed. Only sad part is that it's based on actual events.

Every religion is great, just the only problem is that no one agrees to a religion.

I have no problem with any religion, as long as they don't want to hurt or kill me for not believing in their god... Anyways, someone should probably create a religion thread if we want to keep talking about it :-P

I was thinking about seeing Oblivion tonight, but I am hearing negative "shit" about it.

Sorry, I was inspired by the other thread dealing with censorship.

I saw oblivion, and i liked the film, it was pretty good (the reviews gave it about 75% and i give it 87%).

I was thinking about seeing Oblivion tonight, but I am hearing negative "shit" about it.

It was a good film, you should go watch it.

It was a good film, you should go watch it.

Yeah, I probably will. In my opinion, most of the people that do the reviews are pompous idiots anyways.

Yeah, I probably will. In my opinion, most of the people that do the reviews are pompous idiots anyways.

It is their opinions and your opinions are going to be different anyways.
I never liked movie critics but sometimes you can get an idea on how good a film is...

I'm probably going watch The Secret Garden. I read the book and it was pretty good!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.