I can't believe it Dani-

I joined this site well over ten years ago- and at that time you were still in school, and your site had less than 5,000 members (I think I'm member #4900 or something like that).

I see that you've grown to over 1 Million members now- Congratulations!!!

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Welcome back. Are you staying this time? :)

Thank you both,

Regarding blackmiau's question of "are you staying this time?"... I can't really say- times and situations change.
But after having spent so many years away from DaniWeb, I'm guessing that whatever brought me back might keep me here for a while ;-)

Did you bring any cookies?

Sorry, no cookies... but I did bring PIE

commented: PIE!!! +0

Bahahahahahahaha, love it -noms-

Yoiks- I guess that you've never been "Weebled" before then, have you??
Go here, start at the beginning, and watch endless episodes until the end
(You'll probably die from either laughing or peeing your pants about half-way through): http://www.weebls-stuff.com/wab/

Please don't, I'm already a pro-procrastinator...

Oh well, I did anyway- so the "ball is in your court", so to speak...

Hello Dani!!!

How have things been going for you?? The site certainly seems to be doing well; what else have you been up to since I was last here?

Right now I'm just poking around trying to familiarize myself with the site's structure and persentation; things have definitely changed since the last time I visited.

What are your first impressions after all this time?

DMR!!!! Welcome back cobber :)

What are your first impressions after all this time?

Well, I'm honestly finding the site to be a little less intuitive navigation-wise than it was back when I was a regular here.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think it has something to do with the fact that the old site had a more of "File- Manager" type of look-n-feel to it, if you know what I mean... and that kind of sparse, linear presentation just fits the way my mind works a bit better.

It's really too early for me to say though, because the site has also grown by magnitudes since I was here last- so I'm still "learning the lay of the new land" so to speak!

DMR!!!! Welcome back cobber :)

Thanks happygeek- it's good to see some "familiar faces" here after all of my time away!!

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I think it has something to do with the fact that the old site had a more of "File- Manager" type of look-n-feel to it, if you know what I mean...

Sorry, I don't know what you mean :( Do you mean like the sidebar on the homepage with all the forums and forum categories? Or the way we have the dropdown menu?

Do you mean the breadcrumb navigation, like at the top of this page where you see:

Community Center > Community Introductions > Title of this thread

??

Sorry, I don't know what you mean

You know, it's been so long since I was last here that I can't really explain the details; old age does Bad Things to one's memory, after all!
I don't honestly remember all of the specifics of the old site's layout; I just know that when I returned recently, everything felt "foreign" to me.

I think it was probably just first impressions though- reorientation, getting used to when things are located, and all of that.
Now that I've had a chance to browse around a bit more, I'm pretty comfortable with it :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.