I have a gateway model m275 laptop that won't save usernames and passwords in anything. I've tried various tech supports but no one has an answer. This computer is about 18 months old. Can anyone help me??

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

This is in the totally wrong forum. Don't worry, a kind mod will move it for you. :)

As for your problem, there may be a setting in IE that allows you to save/not save form data (I'm assuming this is an Internet problem; you need to give more information). You can also try a different web browser.

Of course, this post is pretty much meaningless if I misunderstood you.

I don't know what browser you are using, but in Firefox it is:
Extra -> Options -> Privacy -> Saved Forms

I translated this quite literally from the duth version of it. But more info on what you are using on that laptop would be really helpfull if you want some serious support.

I don't know what browser you are using, but in Firefox it is:
Extra -> Options -> Privacy -> Saved Forms

I translated this quite literally from the duth version of it. But more info on what you are using on that laptop would be really helpfull if you want some serious support.

Well, I'm actually using both IE and Foxfire. Neither will save my usernames and passwords. This ranges anywhere from logging into my Bank to this website and everywhere else. All other computers I'm on only need you to populate the first letter or number of your username to bring up everthing else. I can't get that done on this computer. I have to retype everything, everytime.

If you are running Windows, then you need to ask in the appropriate Tech Talk forum.

tell you what guys....i obviously can't even figure out what the "appropriate" forum is....so i'll go somewhere else with my questions since this seems to bother so many of you so much...geezzz give an old guy a break sometime...

Well, if you had clicked the link in my previous reply you would have found yourself with just whichever forum covered the OS you have installed to choose from. Hardly rocket science...

In fairness, pointing you at the appropriate forum is meant to help you: once there you will likely get the help you are after, posting a tech support question in a forum clearly marked community introductions is like going to the hospital and asking people in the waiting room to help fix your broken leg.

But anyway, good luck with your problem. Although seeing as you have already stated you've 'tried various tech supports and nobody has an answer' you might want to reconsider, follow that previous link and post your question in the forum covering whatever version of Windows you are running on.

davey he has already got a thread in the tech forum. I am following it up. but he didn't a reply since yesterday. don't know if it worked.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.