COLUMBUS, Ohio Oct 12, 2006 (AP)— A man who couldn't find steady work came up with a plan to make it through the next few years until he could collect Social Security: He robbed a bank, then handed the money to a guard and waited for police. [more]

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2559884

Imagine if a lawyer got him out of it?? (After all the trouble he went thru)

Ah man!!

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Heh definately the beginning of a brave new world for me :D

yeh guys bit nutty but its still a financial plan whatever way you look at it, although probably one i wont adopt.

thats some discussion they've got going there, gets heated as well in parts! :cheesy:

I guess I'm fortunant because I'm 63 and still have a full-time well-paying job. I have to wait until I'm 66 before I can collect full SS and I've thought about what to do if I do lose my job before then. Well, now I know.:mrgreen:

It hink it's really sad that this guy became so desperate that he had to resort to something like that. I would hope that if things ever got that bad that I could turn to my family for help, but who knows, maybe he doesn't have any. That is a really sad story.....

And it's not an isolated case either. I've heard before of people committing minor crimes just so they can get arrested and spend a few days in prison where it's warm, they have a shower, and get 3 meals a day rather than having to spend their days out on the street where it's cold and you never know if you will have food.

It hink it's really sad that this guy became so desperate that he had to resort to something like that. I would hope that if things ever got that bad that I could turn to my family for help, but who knows, maybe he doesn't have any. That is a really sad story.....

I agree.. you just cant help feeling sorry for him.

Its sad thinking he thought this was his only way out!

:(

Its sad thinking he thought this was his only way out!

:(

Wasn't he trying to get in?

His only way out of poverty, Wolfy :-P

ooh. Silly me. :cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.