Hi,

I'm new to internet forums, but this really seems to be the place to go to get help with a lot of the problems encountered when using computers, and maybe help someone else if they have a probllem that you know how to fix. I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I posted a question/problem that I'm having in the Tech Talk/Windows/Virus forum on Dec 2, but haven't gotten a reply. When I click on any shortcut on my Desktop or in the Start Menu nothing happens. I tried to attached my Hijack This log file for someone to look at, but I can't seem to do it. I clicked on the paperclip, selected browse, clicked on the file, and then upload. I get a message that it is an invalid file. I ran Hijack This several times to create a new file, but get the same results. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to get the file in my post?

Thanks for your help!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Posting here isn't going to do much good if you already have a thread in the Viruses, Spyware, and Other Nasties forum. I think you received the error message because you were trying to upload a file that isn't of one of the file extensions we accept (for security purposes). Just copy and paste the contents of the file within your post.

Thanks for the suggestion. The file I was trying to upload was the text file generated by Hijack This. Do you accept text files as an upload?

We do accept .txt files so I'm not sure what the problem was. I went and checked the admin panel and there were a bunch of other attachments that were uploaded today, so it's not a problem on the server end. There is a file limit though - 1 MB I believe off the top of my head.

Still ... best is to post the contents in the post. It's easier for other folks to help you out because then they don't have to start downloading a file first.

if you want to make it easier to read for others, paste the contents of the logfile into a post and enclsoe them in (code) and (/code) tags - (use the square brackets instead, i just wanted to show you without it doing it)

<note>You can use noparse bbcode when you want to output bbcode without it parsing. Sooo ... that would be [code]

[/code]</note>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.