If any of you have been following the story of James Kim CNET editor and his family lost in Oregon they found his wife and two children but they did not find james kim... He left his family and went for help.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

is there any chance he may still be found?
it is a great shame for both his family and the public

I don't know the story (I live under a rock). What happened?

i heard it was a camping accident or car breakdown or something (reports are hazy)

the gist of it is that he left his family to get help and is now missing

If anyone has news on this post it here. It really is quite a shock, I saw him on the crave podcast like the day before.

Just checked ktvu and kron 4 here in SF/Silicon Valley they've been updating with reports. Checked an hour ago an nothing yet. I'm just hoping for the best. I know the terrain that he's in because I spent alot of time up there and its not to friendly in the snow. But he seems to have some good survival skills .. so I'll hope for the best.

Hey guys .. Sad News .. The found James Kim Editor of CNET not alive. I'm going the spend some time outside to pay my respects :0

thats a great shame
it willbe a profound loss for both his family and the community

That is so terrible. There is a tribute to this great man on www.cnet.com

What hurts most is that he died without knowing that his family was safe. I don't think he would have minded his own death if he knew that his family was safe. :sad:

the safety of his family must have kept him going till he collapsed and died ... I give him hero status even if he didn't make it to help. He gave it his all!

the safety of his family must have kept him going till he collapsed and died ... I give him hero status even if he didn't make it to help. He gave it his all!

Definitely.

I always wondered why he got such large pub when other people go missing all the time.? Not that i don't feel bad for him or anything, it was a great loss, heard he was a nice guy with good heart, and he is with our Good Lord at the moment.....

dont knwo really

no news whatsoever here in Europe i think it was just a big story in the USA

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.