Hello. I wanted to introduce myself and say hello to the forum. My name is Chris and I have worked for two different software companies since 1988. I am in the Project Management field of the software industry working with developers, marketing and manufacturing to meet schedules and have a finished product on the shelf. I am looking to start an education in Technical Support so that I may enter into the PC Support / Deskside support arena. Currently, I have a BA in Psychology with an Industrial Psychology emphasis and an MA in Human Resources.

In my profile I mentioned that I am building my first computer, I am very excited. I am using an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe system board in an ULTRA Wizard Mid-Tower case. I am going to go for an AMD Athlon 64 from NewEgg.com unless I run into some money in which case I will go with an AMD Athlon 64 X2. I have also recently obtained a Sun Ultra 5 and will be positing some messages in order to get this up an running. I am very familiar with PC's but SUN, UNIX and LINUX are all items I want to learn more about. I have a very basic understanding of UNIX, Kernel and OpenBoot right now.

I thank you all for your time and look forward to interacting with you all and possibly being of some assistance. :cool:

Regards,
Chris (aquavita)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hey there Chris, welcome to Daniweb :D

Hope you get 100% success on building your first custom PC ;)

Hi Chris, welcome to DaniWeb my bike loving friend.

hello Chris,

Welcome to Daniweb..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.