Hey everyone! :mrgreen:
I want to start a project soon, I have only alittle bit of knowledge of php so comments and suggestions would be very helpful! Although i am learning as much as I can, without confusing myself!
Anyway I want to open an ecommerce site, but want all the features together in one, and something that can let others update (other admins/mods) and communicate (everyone). Here are alist of some of the features I was hoping to include:
1. Shopping cart
2. CMS (content managment system)
3. Discussion forum
4. Third party software uum 'plugability' is that a word, lol.
5. Easy to update?
6. Loggin to all features at the same time. (same username etc)
Is this Possible? Im assuming it is, but would take some work.
Here are the steps I've come up with so far:
1. Figure out what it will do. Planning where I want to go with it. What will be the essencial fetures, etc. Then plan what I will do.
(Very important step!)
2. Build skeleton/framework or use one thats already made
3. Build a template system
4. Build the database
5. Build the individual apps or use existing ones
5. Put it all together
6. Test features/performance/debug/etc
7. Add finishing touches and retest.
What do you think? Suggestion, comments?
I've been wanting to do this for about 7 or so months, but I didnt even know how to go about it then. Now im learning php.
Can it be done better in a different language?
Is Ruby better then php?
What language would you use for a larger web applications?
Any input is welcome. :cheesy:
Look forward to hearing replys.